The Dynamical Processes in Complex Societies (DPCS) unit has an extensive range of scientific expertise in computational modelling of infectious diseases and epidemiology. Its main focuses are:
- large scale simulations of emerging infectious diseases;
- evaluation of mitigation/containment policies;
- effects of population heterogeneity and human mobility;
- impact of demographic changes;
- effects of risk perception, vaccination choices and spontaneous behavioural changes on contact patterns;
- host-pathogen immunological interaction and coinfection processes;
- vector-borne diseases.